Subject: OVWG’s Turning 2017– Save The Date!
From: Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild
Celebrate The Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild’s 10th Biennial Symposium October 13 – 15; Featured Turners Announced
Turning enthusiasts, mark your calendars and look for the opening of registration soon as plans for Turning 2017 roll out over the next few weeks. This year’s event marks a 10th symposium milestone for the Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild.
The OVWG was one of the first American Association of Woodturners (AAW) Chapters to host a regional symposium. And since that first-weekend event two decades ago the Guild’s symposium reputation continues as one of the best in North America.
Turning 2017 will not disappoint.
Featured Master Turners. Five “marque” turners will showcase their skills at Turning 2017. The all-star lineup includes:
- Jimmy Clewes, hands down the most sought after turning demonstrator today.
- Nick Cook, a founding AAW member who turns an impressive variety of forms from the practical to the artistic.
- Ashley Harwood, known for her delicate sea urchin ornaments, bowls and platters.
- Avelino Samuel, from St. Johns, Virgin Islands, a master of highly textured and polished surfaces on exquisite forms.
- Keith Gotschall, a production turner of wide-ranging skills in both face grain and spindle turnings.
These highly sought after demonstrators will teach, inspire and entertain throughout the weekend of October 13 – 15 at the bucolic Higher Ground Meeting and Event Center just west of Cincinnati.
Joining these Featured Turners will be as many as 15 Guest Demonstrators. Over the course of the weekend, more than 60 demos will be presented offering a wide array of skills and turning techniques. This impressive program has much to offer turners of all skill levels and special interests.
Be sure to save the dates of Oct 13-15 and plan to attend the 10th-anniversary symposium, Turning 2017. And be on the lookout for the opening of registration is just a few short weeks. As you may know, preferred onsite lodge accommodations are limited so register early and you’ll also take advantage of reduced cost Early Bird registration.